Digital media has been growing exponentially in India. With the internet penetration growing steadily here the industry has great potential for creativity, growth and innovation.
Here is a report on the Snapshot of Digital India 2012 compiled by Ethinos Digital Marketing:
- 20 million people use Internet only through mobiles
- The Indian Smart phone market is forecasted to see CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 57% from 2011-2016
- 7.2% (from 23.4 million) of Pinterest Users come from India and they generate 6.6% of the page views.
- There are 65 million, 33 million and 17 million Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn users in India.
- India has more Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn users than UK.
- 67% of Indians who are on the web use online reviews to help them make purchases .
- 60% Indians who are social media users are open to being approached by brands.
- Mobile phone penetration in India is more than 60% and is expected to be over 90% by 2015.