- To create the awareness of WeChat messaging service in India, especially among the youth, which is already hooked to other competitive apps.
- To increase the interaction among existing fans and reach out to a younger audience.
- To get new users to download the WeChat application through social media.
- WeChat India is a mobile social messaging communication service that allows users to connect with friends across different platforms.
- The WeChat application is available for different platforms such as Android, iOS, Windows, Symbian, Blackberry etc.
- The upcoming movie Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola had a huge youth following which also happens to be the brand TG.
- Using the release of the movie Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola, a campaign was launched by brand WeChat.
- The strategy was to use the movie to connect with the young audience and engage them in a fun contest.
- The contest was run across Facebook and Twitter.
- The focus of the contest was on receiving the answers from the audience via WeChat only and in the process get participants to also use the WeChat application.
- 4 winners stood a chance to meet the starring celebrities of the movie, Imran Khan and Anushka Sharma.
- The campaign was run for a week across Facebook and Twitter.
- The contest post generated lot of buzz through comments and likes.
- The hashtag #WeChatMagarPyarSe was used to promote the contest and engage the audience.
- The hashtags reached generate over a million impressions and reaching out to over 150k followers.
- In top 10 by number of tweets, number of followers and number of impressions.
You may also like:
Who owns social media?
Wonder Cement scores on social media with #Saath7
13 simply legendary Mumbai Police tweets
UPDATE: Instagram denies performing try-outs for a new reshare feature
Leo Burnett bags the mandate for Nepal’s rum brand Khukri
I do not blindly follow brand briefs shares Dolon of Pout Pretty