- To create the awareness of WeChat messaging service in India, especially among the youth, which is already hooked to other competitive apps.
- To increase the interaction among existing fans and reach out to a younger audience.
- To get new users to download the WeChat application through social media.
- WeChat India is a mobile social messaging communication service that allows users to connect with friends across different platforms.
- The WeChat application is available for different platforms such as Android, iOS, Windows, Symbian, Blackberry etc.
- The upcoming movie Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola had a huge youth following which also happens to be the brand TG.
- Using the release of the movie Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola, a campaign was launched by brand WeChat.
- The strategy was to use the movie to connect with the young audience and engage them in a fun contest.
- The contest was run across Facebook and Twitter.
- The focus of the contest was on receiving the answers from the audience via WeChat only and in the process get participants to also use the WeChat application.
- 4 winners stood a chance to meet the starring celebrities of the movie, Imran Khan and Anushka Sharma.
- The campaign was run for a week across Facebook and Twitter.
- The contest post generated lot of buzz through comments and likes.
- The hashtag #WeChatMagarPyarSe was used to promote the contest and engage the audience.
- The hashtags reached generate over a million impressions and reaching out to over 150k followers.
- In top 10 by number of tweets, number of followers and number of impressions.
You may also like:
8 ways, how mothers can use social media
eBay wants you to 'Fill your cart with color'
Some of the best Raksha Bandhan campaigns over the years
Facebook’s recent feature lets you respond to notifications in the tab itself
#SocialThrowback: 50 prominent campaigns from 2018
Regional language social media platform, Helo, shares 2018 data