This Case Study is a part of few case studies showcasing the best ways to leverage Facebook from business perspective.
- Increase the number universities/institutions signing up for the program
- Generate more student enrollment/enquiries
- Increase awareness of EMC as a global leader in IT
The Facebook Page is built around bringing all information for students and universities together in one place.
- The “About” section contains complete details of the alliance, curriculum, and availability
- The cover picture is clear, striking and thought provoking
- The Page is connected to other social media platforms like Twitter, You Tube and SlideShare through apps and tabs
- The “Events” app hosts details of all upcoming student events
Facebook Ads are used to reach out to students and universities.
- Topic targeting is used in conjunction with country targeting to reach students from particular universities.
- Ads for career opportunities, technology write ups and other infographics are targeted to relevant students.
- Page post ads targeted to current fans are used to boost specific posts
The EMC Academic Alliance engages its large fan base by:
- Posting information relevant to its fan base – the latest trends in IT, infographics, career opportunities, notes, white papers, and videos
- Asking questions and seeking fan input
Sponsored stories are a primary driver of new likes to its Page
- Sponsored stories are used in conjunction with country and age targeting to reach friends of current fans who are likely to be interested in the program
- 30% of all student enrollment queries originate from Facebook
- 10% increase in students enrollment
- 2X increase in enquiries from universities/institutions to join the program
- 1 million users on Facebook educated about EMC World, an annual IT conference, due to Page posts