Unmetric has released its report on Top Indian Brands on Social Media for the month of July, which focuses on 22 brands from 8 different sectors, including Automotive, Aviation, Banking, Consumer Electronics, Food & Beverages, Retail Chains, Insurance and Restaurants.
The report demonstrates the performance of Indian brands on 3 social networking platforms; Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. In the June 2013 report of Unmetric, they had specifically talked about engagement rates.
- LG India engaged with its users by conducting the ‘Clip Your Moments’ contest on Facebook in the July and ended up with the two posts with engagement scores of 220 and 165 respectively.
- Hyundai India posted 28 times about its campaign ‘Joyful July’ and got an average engagement score of 14, while the overall average engagement score turned out to be 31. The content promoting the campaign didn’t receive a warm welcome from its users.
- Pepsi India with its ‘CollegeGiri’ asked its fans to share their CollegeGiri stories. With a total of 21 posts about ‘CollegeGiri,’ Pepsi India had an average engagement score of 15, and an overall average engagement score of 17. While the concept was good, it failed to give a serious boost to its engagement.
- Café Coffee Day’s posts around ‘Friendship Day’ were received well by their fans. They posted 5 times about ‘Friendship Day’ and obtained an average engagement score of 26.
The Engagement Score on Facebook is calculated on the basis of the number of Likes, Comments, Shares and Estimated Impressions on each post.
- Shopper’s Stop #TwitterAuction was the most used hashtag for the brand in July. The report reveals that the brand was aggressive in trying to push the hashtag. The other hashtags that Shoppers Stop tried to trend were #ShoppersStopSale #EthnicsStyleGuru etc.
- Max Life Insurance’s #GoodAdviceBadAdvice contest was the most tweeted hashtag by the brand and the followers. Nearly 350 followers engaged with the hashtag, whereas the brand tweeted about the hashtag around 210 times
- Micromax engaged users by live unveiling of Micromax Canvas 4 with the use of the hashtag #MicromaxCanvas4 Launch. There were more users generated tweets than brand generated.
- Domino’s Pizza India created lots of buzz through the #ChatakedaarDialogues Contest in July.
- Tata Nano’s Celebrate Awesomeness video which was uploaded on July 28th garnered more than 178,000 views in just 3 days. It was the most viewed brand video of all and received most number of views in just 3 days after the uploading. It received 1,581 likes and 548 dislikes.
- Allen Solly’s Colour Lab LookBook Photoshoot video was the most watched video on its YouTube channel with 17,092 views.