Who are we?
OasisM Consulting Pvt. Ltd. is a start-up registered as a company with its base in Gurgaon. It has been founded and led by Harry Naik. Harry is a B.E. from NSIT Delhi and PGDM from IIM Calcutta. OasisM now is a team of five professionals: Harry Naik, Ratul Biswas, Himanshu Singh and Biswajit Sanbhigna. OasisM is also supported and mentored by Guru Naik who works in Indonesia.
What’s in the name?
OasisM stands for Options and Solutions in Social Media. The name is meant to directly convey what we do and what is the nature of our service. The word Oasis was also chosen because we wanted to stand apart from the Digital Marketing Agencies with our unique services much like an Oasis in a desert, which everyone is searching for.
What we do?
We provide three kinds of Social Media Services:
- Social Media Management
- Social Media Training
- Online Reputation Management
- Social Media Management: We manage the clients’ social media account based on their business objectives to ensure great results. We not only enhance brand visibility and reach, but our unique practices and tools help them to use their social media to its full potential. We also make sure that their business gets a positive image in the industry with the help of our management. By gathering data from all of our client’s social media and then examining trends and patterns by discrete social media experiments, we identify the metrics that are most valuable to our clients and therefore have the most potential for suggesting likely outcomes. We help them to understand “Where the rubber meets the road”.
- Social Media Training: We conduct various social media workshops and trainings, tailor-made to our client’s needs, on how they can use social media to promote their image and business. We also conduct special Social Media Training for Youth leaders and Young entrepreneurs in rural areas for them to have a greater understanding of Social Media including latest developments and how to use Social Media to enhance visibility of their Microenterprise and promote issues of Social relevance.
- Online Reputation Management: We manage social media accounts of celebrities, leaders and important personalities to enhance their image and fan following.
Why we do it?
After stumbling upon many social media pages that aren’t managed very well, but their business was going great, we thought what if we manage their pages? All the advertising agencies charge a lot, and we wanted to target the people who don’t have the resources to go to these agencies. Also, a lot of companies now are hiring social media executives for their company to handle their social media. But what if they could get someone to do it for them better at a cheaper cost? We aim to provide first-class management of social media at a value for money price.
How we evolve?
We pride ourselves in constantly learning about new technology and evolving as per the changes. All the services and management we provide is always in sync with the top-of-chart technology found in the best agencies as well. One advantage of being a start-up is that we can change our technology very fast and adapt to new technologies in the organization. We are always on the lookout for new social media management apps and tools that we can use to work with. Tools like Agorapulse, Hootsuite, Radian6 are some of the tools we currently work with.
Social responsibility in social media
We always make sure that we are ethical in the matters of our content, ideas and management. We are very strict about copyright issues and we take all the necessary precautions to make sure we are always on the right side of India’s IT laws.
Need of the hour
Social Networking has immense potential when it comes to reaching the target audience. However, one needs to be careful about how a content or message is posted in Social Media. Sometimes, it might offend certain people and can cause unnecessary problems. Social Media is a very powerful tool to voice opinions, recommendations and even rude remarks. A fan of your business won’t do anything about your business if you don’t give them the tools, but a hater can create ruptures in your business using social media. Hence, maintaining a good online image has become very important in this digital age.
We learned the hard way
It hasn’t been an easy journey to decide to launch my start-up. Harry Naik always had a dream to start something of my own. He used the opportunity of internship during his student career to learn more about start-ups. He did internship in four different start-ups. Even after IIMC, he chose to work in start-up for a short while. Having worked in so many start-ups, I have gained a fair idea of what works and what doesn’t work in a start-up and where start-ups usually fail. I really have learned them in a hard way and wish to use these lessons in my business.
Did we just share that?
No. I have been sharing my experiences with the start-ups I worked and with my friends who are also thinking of starting their own venture.
They work with us
Clients who work with us now are:
- Chai and Cheese: A Fashion blog giving people their 15-mins of fame.
- Talent Management Organisation, IIM Calcutta: An IIM Calcutta group targeted at Leadership, HR and talent management.
- Sales Adda: A website focused on giving a lowdown the latest sales in the city.
- Jus Giftz: providing personalized gift options for everyone.
Industry as we foresee
Social media industry is still at its nascent stage, and it’s just going to get bigger and better in the coming years. Digital Media is the face of the future as we see it. Print media is becoming obsolete and people are easily blocking everything that they don’t want to see or hear. And it’s not because they are not curious anymore, they are just well informed now. Sooner or Later, every business will be looking for expansion and promotion through Digital Media and primarily Social Media.
A day without Internet
Our entire business is with Internet. We can’t survive without Internet. Being a Social Media agency, Internet has definitely become like breathing. Not only because of our nature of business, but also personally, I live, breathe and sleep internet.
Lastly, are you hiring?
We are always looking for enthusiastic people who would want to work with us and learn for them selves. Even though we are a start-up, we have a dedicated HR person, who is always on the lookout for people who are good content writers or graphic designers or who just love spending time on social media.