Blogworks has released the 7th edition of its monthly index, India’s Most Mentioned Political Leaders, analysing the Top 20 Most Mentioned Political Leaders online for the month of October.
The top three picks remain the same with Narendra Modi standing ahead of Rahul Gandhi and Manmohan Singh in October 2013.
Some of the key highlights of the report:
- Narendra Modi’s speech during the Patna rally drew support and therefore drove conversations about him. People also talked about the blasts at Patna and how they could have been attempts to assassinate him to stop ‘the Modi wave’.
- Rahul Gandhi’s speech at Churu, Rajasthan on 23 October 2013, where he said, “They killed my father and grandmother, they will kill me as well,” incited discussions in October.
- Manmohan Singh’s visit to China and maintaining peace and tranquility on the border as one of the points in his agenda during the trip made people talk about him.
- Some people perceive Arvind Kejriwal as a new generation leader, capable of good governance and creating a corruption-free India. This drove positive mentions of him under discussions of ‘Corruption’.
- People praised Naveen Patnaik and his team’s efforts to successfully evacuate lakhs of people before the cyclone Phailin. This resulted in his climb to the 18th position in October 2013 from the 61st position in September.
- Vijay Goel was mentioned in relation to the upcoming Assembly elections in Delhi.