The television industry on social media has embraced the marketing channel a bit late in the day. Though the social media success of the channels is directly proportional to the TAM ratings, most of them have a similar strategy.
In this report, we dwell into the social media quotient of 5 prime Indian GEC channels:
- Colors TV
- Star Plus
- Zee TV
- Sony Entertainment
- Sahara One.
The report reviews their presence on popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Pinterest.
- Star Chats on Twitter is hot.
- Channels are using Twitter as a second screen, flashing hash-tags while the shows are on, encouraging users to interact.
- Campaigns or contests are not a part of any channels strategy. Therefore no interesting applications have been built.
- Most channels have a similar content strategy on both the platforms. Each one needs to build a unique strategy.
- A fan following build on both the profiles is more because of the popularity of the show than the engaging nature of channels on social platforms.
- Nothing innovative has been attempted by channels on Youtube. Overall, it is stuffed with episodes of the shows.
To download the report, fill in your details below: