To create awareness & drive participation from Twitter for Myntra’s Online Treasure Hunt on March 27.
Leveraged Twitter as a medium to generate maximum conversations about the big Online Treasure hunt by running a mega contest for 12 hours on 26th the actual event) with 12 different brands, one for every hour. By the end of each hour, three winners were picked by each of these 12 brands.
Game Mechanics & Execution
This contest was a build up to the main event which started at 9am and went all the way upto 9pm. Each hour was dedicated to a particular brand where four questions were asked every hour. By the end of the hour, 3 winners were chosen who were awarded e-vouchers worth Rs 10,000 or merchandise worth Rs 10,000 each from the corresponding brand of the hour.
The hashtag used for the contest was #MyntraTreasureHunt Contest guidelines were shared before 9 am for participants along with teaser tweets sent a day before the event. Participants were asked to follow Myntra on Twitter and use the hashtag #MyntraTreasureHunt while responding to the question tweets.
As the contest progressed and the volumes increased tremendously, #MyntraTreasureHunt began to trend Worldwide at #4 by 9.45am and soon reached the #1 position by 10.45am. During the course of the day, Myntra’s partner brands like Being Human, Arrow, American Tourister and D Muse who were participating in this day long contest also started trending. American Tourister which was the brand of the hour between 3 – 4pm started trending at #1 during the hour.
- #MyntraTreasureHunt began trending within the first 15mins of the contest launch and continued to trend for the next 15 hours.
- On top of the charts- #1 on India and #1 Worldwide trends
- Generated more than 89,420 tweets in a short span of 24 hours
- Myntra.com achieved its highest follower growth on Twitter – 10.25%
- The contest occupied five major India trends on twitter for a day with -#MyntratreasureHunt, Being Human, Arrow, American Tourister and D Muse Myntra successfully managed to use Twitter as a platform to promote and drive participation for the Online Treasure Hunt that was held on March 27.