Borosil is one of the best quality glassware companies in India. A market leader for laboratory glassware and microwavable kitchenware in India. Being a 53 year old company, Borosil has been in existence for quite a while. As part of the company vision and culture, Borosil has imbibed the aspect of giving back to the society. Considering the fact that the times they are a changin’, Borosil decided to create a campaign that activated their thought leadership onto the digital space to create a CSR campaign which was driven socially.
Objective: To create a digitally activated campaign using available tools, to drive awareness about importance of education for underprivileged children through a CSR activity on social media.
Food for Thought:
Borosil had zoned in on a cause which was close to their heart considering these facts:
- Out of the 440 Million children in India
- Over 800,000 children live on the streets.
- More than 40% of them have never attended school.
In little ways, as part of Borosil’s CSR initiative, we wanted to create a buzz and awareness through digital in order to raise funds as well as spread the word about an initiative to support the underprivileged children.
Considering the rapid usage of digital and social tools such as Facebook, Twitter we decided to ride the Social Wave and create a talking point for people around the concept of ‘Giving.’ And aptly suggesting #JoyofGiving or #BorosilJoyofGiving for which we
- Set up a Microsite with an inbuilt twitter tracker that kept a track of tweets
- Whenever twitter users used the hashtag #BorosilJoyofGiving Borosil contributed Rs. 25 to a fund that was contributed to educate underprivileged children.
- Invest in reaching out to over 2 Lakh users via Facebook and Google Banner Ads to join in contributing towards the cause.
- We also reached out to celebrities and influencers who joined in the cause to spread the awareness. All it took for them was a ‘tweet.’
Follow Up –
Though that is not where Borosil stopped the effort. In addition to the amount collected and donated to support 25 children, Borosil along with Life Trust decided to take around 30 street kids to Funville for a fun-filled day of games, goodies, food and excitement. A small gesture to show them a fun time and capture their memories of happiness.
- Within 3 Days and 4000 Tweets later we collected around 1 Lakh Rupees from the twitterati.
- Would literally help support 1 year of education for around 25 kids.
- Reached over 2 Lakh Fans via Banner Ads
- A Happy Memories Videos to showcase how users contributed to making the kids smile! :)