Snapchat has introduced public profiles for Businesses, giving brands of all sizes a free, permanent home for enabling them to create content and engage with fans.
As per Snapchat, the launch of Public profile for Business accounts will give brands the ability to have an organic presence on the app and house all of their unique content in one discoverable place. With the Introduction of public profile one can connect with their audience organically by highlighting useful and engaging content, showcase existing Lens AR Experiences, and share shoppable products directly within the Snapchat app – all while delivering insights for the business.
Snapchatters can also subscribe to the Profile to stay up-to-date with the content, new product launches and more.
Key features of a Public Profile include:
- Public Stories: Share what’s happening in your world, from behind the scenes to daily activities, to drive deeper connections with the Snapchat community.
- AR Lenses: Publish Lenses to your Profile to ensure your most immersive AR experiences can be discovered by all Snapchatters and engaged with time and time again. Once linked to the Profile, these Lenses will also be discoverable through both Snapchat Search and Lens Explorer.
- Highlights: Permanently showcase your best Public Snaps, Stories, photos, and videos. This is the best way for Snapchatters who aren’t familiar with your brand to get to know more about your business, products, and services.
- Native Store: Link your US-based Shopify store on your Profile so Snapchatters can browse, try on, and buy through the “Shop” feature, turning Snapchat into a new point of sale. To see how the native store experience looks on Snapchat, check out the Spectacles Public Profile. Please reach out to your account team or contact support if you have a Public Profile and would like this feature added.
In addition to these Profile features, you will also have access to mobile and web management tools through Business Manager to help you collaborate with team members, manage content, and review additional analytics such as Story views, views from subscribers vs. non-subscribers, subscribers gained, and engagement.
As soon as your Public Profile is set up, it’s instantly discoverable throughout Snapchat. Snapchatters can find your brand through Search, @ mentions, Discover, Lens Explorer, and through your Snapchat Ads.
To create your Public Profile, follow these three steps:
1. Set up your free Business Account
Log into Business Manager using your business account information and select ‘Public Profiles’.
2. Create a free Public Profile
Set up your username, or connect an existing username, and add any additional core business information to your Profile. Click ‘Update Profile’ once finished and your Profile will be instantly live and searchable by Snapchatters.
3. Add content to your Public Profile
Populate your profile with your existing Lenses and post Stories and Highlights directly from the Snapchat app. Snapchatters can now find, engage and subscribe to your Public Profile!
Snapchat is trying towards a future where the Snapchat generation can engage with businesses of all sizes across the variety of products on the platform.