To test consumer awareness of privacy issues on the internet.
- Online survey conducted on pan-India basis by Wat Consult
- Robust sample of 600 respondents
- Diverse background: age, gender and cities
- Diverse internet users: Search, Social Media, Blogs & E-commerce enthusiasts
- Survey among active internet users
- Online Privacy is a huge issue among internet users
- More than three-fourth of the users want to have:
- Access to adequate information on the way websites use their personal data
- Power to opt out of data collection
- Over 40% of users are NOT AWARE that internet companies use their personal information for commercial purposes
- Over one-third of users have not read the privacy policies of the websites that they use and those that have read , do not always understand them fully.
Featured Image By: Freedigitalphotos.net
You may also like:
Best YouTube Pre-Roll campaigns for #MondayMotivation
Reach your TG better with these niche social media platforms
Friendship Day Campaigns which stood apart in 2017
Branded Memes - Blessing in disguise or an ill fated curse?
Not sure where to stake your digital flag? Here’s how to optimize your marketing strategy
Get your social media profiles job ready with these handy tips