To test consumer awareness of privacy issues on the internet.
- Online survey conducted on pan-India basis by Wat Consult
- Robust sample of 600 respondents
- Diverse background: age, gender and cities
- Diverse internet users: Search, Social Media, Blogs & E-commerce enthusiasts
- Survey among active internet users
- Online Privacy is a huge issue among internet users
- More than three-fourth of the users want to have:
- Access to adequate information on the way websites use their personal data
- Power to opt out of data collection
- Over 40% of users are NOT AWARE that internet companies use their personal information for commercial purposes
- Over one-third of users have not read the privacy policies of the websites that they use and those that have read , do not always understand them fully.
Featured Image By: Freedigitalphotos.net
You may also like:
Social Samosa Agency Feature - First Economy
Technology enhancing social media marketing: Social Identity
10 ways doctors can make the most of social media
8 offbeat web series for you to binge watch!
5 fundamental rules of organizing a Facebook Live brands need to know
When Bajaj Allianz grooved to the tunes of Dancing Uncle! How it all began...