To test consumer awareness of privacy issues on the internet.
- Online survey conducted on pan-India basis by Wat Consult
- Robust sample of 600 respondents
- Diverse background: age, gender and cities
- Diverse internet users: Search, Social Media, Blogs & E-commerce enthusiasts
- Survey among active internet users
- Online Privacy is a huge issue among internet users
- More than three-fourth of the users want to have:
- Access to adequate information on the way websites use their personal data
- Power to opt out of data collection
- Over 40% of users are NOT AWARE that internet companies use their personal information for commercial purposes
- Over one-third of users have not read the privacy policies of the websites that they use and those that have read , do not always understand them fully.
Featured Image By: Freedigitalphotos.net
You may also like:
Social media lessons from Melt 2015 in a nutshell
Click with care - safety tips for your next selfie
Snickers’ new YouTube Pre-Roll ads are un-skippable!
[Report] Narendra Modi most followed world leader on Facebook
Free stock photo websites that will enrich your blog without costs
8 Ways to generate leads using YouTube