Build a social media content strategy that entertains, educates, and communicates. Find out how.
Social media is an essential tool in the hands of every marketers as it allows direct engagement with consumers. But, it is also an over saturated platform with constant noise taking and clutter.
Until and unless your social media content strategy is really strong, it won’t manage to break the clutter and reach the audience with the right message.
Here are few quick guidelines to help build a good social media content strategy
- Set realistic goals: Your goals on social media should align with your company’s objective. First try and understand, how is social media supposed to help your brand. Are you looking to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, boost brand engagement, increase likes on your social pages or grow in terms of revenue? Once your goal is set, then chalk out a plan and work towards achieving it.
- Build a good content calendar: It is very important to prepare a good content calendar on social media for your brand. Based on national holidays (Independence Day), any special events (iPhoneX launch), company events (Annual Day function), prepare your content as entertaining and engaging as possible. Use Hashtags for posting content: Using hashtags for content actually helps to drive conversations and be a part of the news. For e.g. on the day of iPhone X launch, a lot of brands rode the event wave and created witty creatives around with the hashtag #iPhoneX.
- Use more images and infographics in your posts: According to reports, infographics are liked and shared on social media 3x more than any other type of content. As per Buffer, tweets with images receive 150 percent more retweets than tweets without images. According to an article on Buzzsumo, Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images.
- Look at competition: Research what your competition is doing on social media. Don’t miss their online activities, this will help you understand which strategies will work and which won’t.
- Be sure of your target audience: Before planning any social media plan, first be clear about whom you plan to target with it. Be focused on your audience and prepare your content accordingly.
- Don’t concentrate on only one social media platform: In today’s age and day, you should not concentrate on only one social media platform, instead have your presence spread across all, or you might end up losing out on reaching your prospective consumers. Test which platform works the best for you and devise your content accordingly, but don’t ignore the others.
- Be interactive: Always engage and interact with your consumers on social media. Don’t use your social media pages, only to share and post promotional stuff about your brand. Reply to people commenting on your posts and appreciate their time and effort.
- Be Human: People like to interact with human being and not machines, always add emotions and a level of personalization in your communications.
- Measure ROI: It is very important to see, whether the content which you are posting every day is actually doing well for your brand? Is it generating business for your brand? Invest in tools in order to understand the success of your content on different platforms.
From a means to entertainment to medium of communication, the purpose of content has evolved over the years. Bearing this in mind create a social media content strategy that communicates your tone, personality, and message well.